Wednesday 10 February 2016

Toddler Recipes-Spinach Corn Rice !!








Starting with a new series "Toddler Recipes" with an objective to share healthy and yummy dishes for your little ones.As a mom I am always looking for ways to introduce nutrition in my son's diet and I keep on experimenting in my kitchen.
The recipe which I m going to share today is Spinach Corn Rice.I learnt this from my friend Ruby In London ..This rice dish was always a part of our potluck dinners.I just loved it the first time I had and have made umpteen times as its healthy and delicious too.Thanks Ruby !!Trust me you will love it too..Its a great way to include greens in your kid's diet.I made it for my son and its his favourite now.


Ingredients

2 Cups of  Spinach
1/4 cup Boiled Corn
1 small onion
A small piece of Ginger
Salt to taste
Black pepper
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
Paneer cubes for garnish (optional)
2 cups of cooked rice


Method

Blanch  Spinach and grind it with  ginger into a smooth paste.Take oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and bay leaf.Add chopped onion.Once the onion turns brown add the spinach puree.Cook it for 10 minutes and add corn.Add salt and pepper and cook.Add a little water if required.Add cooked rice and mix it lightly.Garnish with paneer cubes and a dollop of ghee.
A healthy meal is ready for your toddler!!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Charu, i was try to make your recipe at home as food for my toddler and i know know, why she love this food. Spinach Corn recipe is a her favorite food, now. i just wanna say thank you for your share and i recommend you to read this one Benefit Spinach for toddler

    ReplyDelete