Christmas dinner had to be special !! So I decided to cook risotto for this occasion.The creamy texture of rice with a tinge of mushroom gives it a very unique taste ...all you need is the correct rice and a few other ingredients.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 150 g risotto rice( i used arborio)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 450ml hot vegetable stock
- Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese(optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan and cook the onions for a few seconds. Add the rice and cook over a low heat for about 1 min, stirring all the time until the rice looks glossy but not brown.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, then pour in about half the hot stock and stir well. Cook over a medium heat for 20-25 mins, stirring often and adding the remaining stock a little at a time until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Check that the rice is tender. It should have a nice creamy texture. If it needs cooking for a bit longer, add a little more hot water.
- Check the seasoning, adding some salt and pepper.
- Risotto is ready to serve...sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Till we meet next ENJOY THE FESTIVE SEASON !!!!!!!
I am sending this recipe for the BLOG EVENT -WINTER CARNIVAL